Privacy protection Apps
Your privacy in today’s Internet connected and dependent world isn’t always a guarantee without the right software. From secure operating systems that respect your privacy such as many Linux distributions, to web browser add-ons that block cross-site tracking and advertising such as uBlock Origin, software focused on protecting your privacy when using the Internet today is arguably a must.
- Popular and efficient blocker for Chromium, Chrome, Edge, Firefox (desktop and Android), Opera, Thunderbird. Fast and lean.
- Telegram is a messaging app with a focus on speed and security. It’s superfast, simple, and free. It is like SMS, but more powerful.
- Using Signal, you can communicate instantly while avoiding SMS fees, create groups so that you can chat in real time with all your friends at once, and share media or attachments...
- DuckDuckGo is an alternative search engine that has rich features, respects your privacy, and is built from free/open-source software.
- Ubuntu is a Debian Linux-based open source operating system for desktop computers.
- The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your...
- Brave Web Browser is a fast, free, secure web browser with a built-in ad blocker*, tracking and security protection, and optimized data and battery experience.
- Secure email with absolutely no compromises, brought to you by MIT and CERN scientists. Swiss Based
- Linux Mint is one of the most popular desktop Linux distributions and used by millions of people. The purpose of Linux Mint is to produce a modern, elegant and comfortable operating system which is both powerful and easy to use. Latest: Ulyana (20).
- Standard Notes is a simple and private notes app. It allows you to write and sync your notes across all your devices, including your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and web browser.
- Tutanota is a free and open source web-mail client that focuses on privacy and security. It has open source iOS and an Android apps.
- Web browser add-on that automatically learns to block invisible trackers that ignore DNT signals.
- Track how you spend time on your devices. Simple (yet powerful), extensible, no third parties.
- You are being watched. Private and state-sponsored organizations are monitoring and recording your online activities. PrivacyTools (also known as privacytools.io) provides knowledge and tools to protect your privacy against global mass surveillance.
- Cryptomator provides transparent, client-side encryption for your cloud. Protect your documents from unauthorized access.