- Open Source
- 16 Reviews
- 179 Likes
A wide-spectrum efficient blocker. Which block ads, trackers and malware sites. Supports Chromium, Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Thunderbird. Fast and lean, and as of 2017 still being actively improved. Forked from uBlock
More than 12 million users. Including 3.8+ millions users on Firefox and 8.9+ millions users on Chrome
uBlock Origin has received praise from technology websites, and is reported to be much less memory-intensive than other extensions
• The user decides what web content is acceptable or not in their browser.
• The uBlock Origin project does not support Adblock Plus' "Acceptable Ads Manifesto", because the "Acceptable Ads" marketing campaign is really the business plan of a for-profit entity.
• Users are best placed to know what is or is not acceptable to them. uBlock Origin's sole purpose is to give users the means to enforce their own choices.
ALL Chrome web extensions (applicable to Opera, Vivaldi, YandexBrowser too), Software for my Windows, "Do Not Track" - software., Usefull Android/Windows apps you might like :), and Software for Privacy
uBlock Origin is also a platform with 1 apps listed on AlternativeTo. Browse all 1 apps for uBlock Origin.
3rd-party-filters ad-blocking chrome-extension custom-filters customizable element-blocker firefox-extension icecat-extension lightweight privacy-focused privacy-protection security-focused website-whitelisting
Make this page better by adding screenshots to uBlock Origin.
I have tested this on google chrome for over a year and the result at first seems fine but ran into things. I couldn't disable it for youtubers who i supported, so i have to click to disable and let...See why people do not like uBlock Origin 😡 Post your review
• I love it. It is owned and supported by a friendly community. Not a corporation. More secure because its code is publicly available for review and contributions on GitHub at https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock
• Easy to use. With both basic or advanced modes.
• Lightweight on memory and CPU resources
• More than 12 million users. Including 3.8+ millions users on Firefox and 8.9+ millions users on Chrome
• Clear Manifesto:
......• The user decides what web content is acceptable or not in their browser.
......• The uBlock project does not support Adblock Plus' "Acceptable Ads Manifesto", because the "Acceptable Ads" marketing campaign is really the business plan of a for-profit entity.
......• Users are best placed to know what is or is not acceptable to them. uBlock's sole purpose is to give users the means to enforce their own choices.
• Lots of features
• uBlock Origin has a better track record at fully protecting your privacy, than AdBlock Plus (ABP). There is a controversy around ABP and its related for profit corporation trying to monetize ABP via ad whitelisting. Which means that corporation sales your privacy for profit :( Source at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adblock_Plus
• Confusion with the names. Between "uBlock Origin" and "uBlock". For those not familiar with those names, uBlock Origin is better than uBlock. Mostly because as of May 2017 Ublock Origin is still actively maintained and updated. Source at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UBlock_Origin Compare to uBlock which as not been maintained and updated for more than 2 years, since 2015, and is trying to monetize an open source project. Source at https://github.com/chrisaljoudi/uBlock
People who want adblock but don't do any research wind up with AdBlock Plus. Those that do a little digging will find that uBlock Origin is the best in pretty much every aspect.
Wladimir Palant has made himself untrustworthy with his inane "acceptable privacy violation" defaults.
3rd party ads sell privacy for profit: this is ALWAYS UNACCEPTABLE.
ublock origin is the only remaining adBLOCK project with a focus on BLOCKING and safeguarding PRIVACY
There is no viable alternative to uBlock Origin.
Uses the same code as Adblock, but without the ads whitelist and less memory. Need I say more.
Uses improved code
Doesn't lag,Doesn't show promoted ads [ So better than AdBlock ],restricts viewing sites with malware or crapware downloads and that stuff. This is kind of my first line of defense yo. Perfect. Also its much more lightweight than Edge.
Yeah, I agree. Much better than ABP and ghostery. Both are slimos. I also like that it is open source. Can check out stuff.
i have used all known adblocker apps and i found it the most powerful among them .
uBlock Origin is effective and lightweight. It managed to block all obtrusive advertisements while ensuring that website compatibility does not suffer because of it. Of course, there are always exceptions to that last point (as with every other ad blocker out there), but it tends to just do its job and make the user's system simply better off for it.
The option perfectly blocks the exact part that you want. Try it.
You can hide popups or you can allow popups to some website. Also you can allow any you wanted ads. 3rd scripts block or allow remote css or even fonts. Everything can be done with that.
Example Me, Whenever i do see some "adblock-killer" websites. I would just allow the adblock-killer scripts so i am bypassing them while blocking ads.
Note : Check the extension log system. There is even buttons you can block the links inside the website.
[Edited by ugurozturk, March 10]
This is the only adblocker to use. Why:
Best cross-platform blocker i have been using
Great! Blocks great, customizable, love it
Makes browsing faster. Reliable and easy to use.
its capabilities on par with Adblock plus but with less resource usage and effectiveness