Apps with 'No Root Required' feature
- The best ad blocker for Android that works for all apps and does not require root. Free and open source.
- A second brain, for you, forever. Obsidian is a powerful knowledge base that works on top of a local folder of plain text Markdown files.
- dns66 - DNS-based Host Blocker for Android. DNS66 allows blocking host names via DNS. This can be used for ad blocking.
- Mountain Duck lets you mount server and cloud storage as a disk in Finder on macOS and the File Explorer on Windows.
- Never should your phone or tablet become slower and battery hungrier after lots of apps installed.
- Garry's Mod is a Sandbox Game based around the idea of building. Unlike most other games there aren't any objectives - you can't lose and you definitely can't win.
- a DNS proxy over local VPN for filtering ads and other unwished hosts based on a host list.
- NetGuard provides simple and advanced ways to block certain apps' access to the internet without the help of root privileges.
- Really simple to use privacy manager for Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later (successor of XPrivacy).
- DriveDroid allows you to boot your PC from ISO/IMG files stored on your phone.
- Bouncer gives you the ability to grant permissions temporarily.
- TrackerControl allows users to monitor and control the widespread, ongoing, hidden data collection in mobile apps about user behaviour ('tracking').
- Rootless Pixel Launcher is a port of the Pixel Launcher’s features with some extras.
- Helium is the missing app sync and backup solution for Android.Helium does NOT require root. All Android users can use Helium to backup and sync Android applications.
- Mobile Tracker Free is a free application for monitoring your phone. Track SMS/MMS, Call logs/recording, Location, Contact, Photos, Facebook, WhatsApp, Application tracker and more features.