The most popular alternative is Joplin, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 49 alternatives to Obsidian so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Obsidian alternatives are Evernote (Freemium), Notion (Freemium), Typora (Free) and Standard Notes (Freemium, Open Source).
- An open source note taking and to-do application with synchronisation capabilities.
- Evernote is a cross-platform, freemium app designed for note taking, organizing, and archiving.
- With so many tools, it's hard to keep everyone on the same page. Notion is a new tool that unifies them all.
- A markdown editor, markdown reader.
- Standard Notes is a simple and private notes app. It allows you to write and sync your notes across all your devices, including your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and web browser.
- A desktop personal wiki with inline preview as-you-type and lots of plugins.
- Zettlr is a supercharged markdown editor that combines many writing editor features and collect them in one application.
- A hierarchical note taking application, featuring rich text and syntax highlighting, storing data in a single xml or sqlite file.
- Plain text notepad with markdown support and todo list manager for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows, that works together with the notes application of ownCloud.
- Bear is a beautiful and flexible writing app for note-taking and prose, both on the go for iOS devices and for the Mac OS desktop.KEY FEATURES