What is scrcpy?
This application provides display and control of Android devices connected on USB and WiFi. It does not require any root access. It works on GNU/Linux, Windows and MacOS.
IT FOCUSES ON:
- lightness: native, displays only the device screen
- performance: 30~120fps, depending on the device
- quality: 1920×1080 or above
- low latency: 35~70ms
- low startup time: ~1 second to display the first image
- non-intrusiveness: nothing is left installed on the device
- user benefits: no account, no ads, no internet required
- freedom: free and open source software
ITS FEATURES INCLUDE:
- mirroring with device screen off
- copy-paste in both directions
- configurable quality
- device screen as a webcam (V4L2) (Linux-only)
- physical keyboard simulation (HID) (Linux-only)
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- The application executes a server on the device. The client and the server communicate via a socket over an adb tunnel.
- The server streams an H.264 video of the device screen. The client decodes the video frames and displays them.
- The client captures input (keyboard and mouse) events, sends them to the server, which injects them to the device.
- 76,116 Stars
- 8,001 Forks
- 1233 Open Issues