A system-wide equalizer for Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 with channel remapping/copying capabilities
What is Equalizer APO?
Equalizer APO is a parametric / graphic equalizer for Windows. It is implemented as an Audio Processing Object (APO) for the system effect infrastructure introduced with Windows Vista.
- virtually unlimited number of filters
- works on any number of channels
- very low latency, which makes it suited for interactive applications
- low CPU usage
- modular graphical user interface
- Windows Vista or later (currently only Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 have been tested)
- Sound card driver must support APOs (this includes most onboard sound drivers)
- The application must not bypass the system effect infrastructure (APIs like ASIO or WASAPI exclusive mode can not be used)
Equalizer APO Screenshots
Equalizer APO Features
Equalizer APO information
Comments and Reviews
- Sound Equalizer
- System-Wide Equalizer
CategoryAudio & Music
Lists containing Equalizer APOOpen source and free softwares (Best alternatives) • Windows • Windows Free Audio Toolbox • Default
Recent user activities on Equalizer APO
- MTRG15 liked Equalizer APO
- AbsenteeSurgeon liked Equalizer APOAb
- queuewithouttheueue liked Equalizer APOqu
This combined solution provides the best quality EQ for Windows I have ever heard.
Works perfectly with Windows 10.
Simple to configure, can configure very precisely, can choose the amount of filters, frequencies, their Q values, etc.
Awesome! You may just have one problem where you need to enable SFX/EFX in configuration in order to work but other than that it works well and cpu utilization is very low.
It's open source!
Amazing, it improved my device volume!
I had to swap my speakers on my desk, and Equalizer APO works great with swapping the left and right channels of the SPDIF output of my Sound Blaster Z.
My laptop was often too quiet when watching movies or series with just the normal speakers. This lets me amplify the noise to an acceptable level, without distorting the sound too much.
I got a bit bored of neutral sound of my headphones so I also increased the bass just a little.
The included UI lets me target different output devices so I can edit the sound.