Software that allows anyone with the resources to host an open-source encyclopedia or other database that can be edited by anyone or by select users of your choice. Wikipedia is by far the most well known example of this.
- TiddlyWiki is a highly customizable notewiki for capturing, organising and sharing complex information.
- MediaWiki is a free software wiki package written in PHP, originally for use on Wikipedia.
- The easiest, fastest, and most painless way of setting up a self-hosted Git service.
- OpenProject is an open-source project management software with a wide set of features and plugins. It supports project timelines / Gantt charts, issue tracking, wiki, document management, time and cost reporting, code management, Scrum and much more.
- DokuWiki is a standards compliant, simple to use Wiki, mainly aimed at creating documentation of any kind. It is targeted at developer teams, workgroups and small companies.
- An open source knowledge management application that's focused on ease of use.
- Trac is an enhanced wiki and issue tracking system for software development projects. Trac uses a minimalistic approach to web-based software project management.
- Hubzilla is a powerful platform for creating interconnected based websites featuring a decentralised identity, communications, and permissions framework built using common webserver technology. Hubzilla is very suitable for communities (of any size).
- An open source, modern and powerful wiki app built on Node.js, Git, and Markdown.
- Leading collaboration software and enterprise wiki for intranets and knowledge management.
- Share and manage documents, forums, wikis and calendar in a unified way for efficient collaborative teamwork.
- Raneto is an open source Knowledgebase platform that uses static Markdown files to power your Knowledgebase.
- Documize creates the Enterprise Knowledge Backbone by unifying docs, wiki, reporting and dashboards — composition + coordination + discovery + distribution + workflows = faster business outcomes.
- ProProfs Knowledge Base is knowledge management software used to create highly-searchable online FAQ’s to improve customer service and reduce tickets.