What is SourceHut?
sourcehut is a network of useful open source tools for software project maintainers and collaborators, including git repos, bug tracking, continuous integration, and mailing lists.
SourceHut is composed of many small Unix-style tools for software development, which each “do one thing and do it well”. These tools are things like git hosting, bug tracking, mailing lists, CI, and so on. This allows you to use them independently and compose them however you please, which maps well onto the reality of how many projects are organized. Compare this to platforms like GitHub, GitLab, Gitea, and so on, where resources like bug trackers and pull requests map 1:1 to a git repository, even when it doesn’t make sense.
SourceHut Desktop Screenshots and Videos
- Git SupportSourceHut supports Git, a free and open source distributed version control system.
- Support for MarkDownSourceHut supports MarkDown for document formatting.
- File VersioningSourceHut has a version system that lets you view and go back to older versions of the project/file/document.
- Syntax HighlightingSourceHut supports syntax highlighting for various programming and markup languages.
- Dark ModeSourceHut supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Privacy focusedSourceHut is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Two-factor AuthenticationSourceHut supports two-factor authentication (2FA).
- Ad-freeSourceHut doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- LightweightSourceHut consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Developed bysr.ht, LLC
- LicensingOpen Source and Freemium product.
- PricingSubscription that costs between $0 and $10.
- RatingAverage rating of 5
- Alternatives20 alternatives listed
Our users have written 2 comments and reviews about SourceHut, and it has gotten 11 likes
Comments and Reviews Post a comment/review
Said about SourceHut as an alternative
Minimal but usable, perfectly lightweight
They also provide a CI/CD environment, which seems to be missing from Codeberg.