Media player Apps
Playback of video, audio, and any other type of media has never been easier, with the ever ubiquitous VLC media player able to successfully play back any media you throw at it. For those that want to use other software that might, say, have better library management, options like Kodi and iTunes are also viable.
- VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework. Owned by the non-profit organization VideoLAN.
- Kodi, formerly XBMC, is a free and open source media player and entertainment center for Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, XBox, and iOS.
- MPC-HC is an extremely light-weight, open source media player for Windows. It supports all common video and audio file formats available for playback.
- Minimalist video player that supports 3D video, Direct3D9 Ex Flip Mode, and sound card selection.
Several antivirus detect a potentially unwanted application (adware) PUA.FusionCore in the file F.dll dropped by the installer of PotPlayer in the Temp folder. Once that file is blocked by the antivirus, the program is installed with no problems and ads.
- Plex bridges the gap between your computer and your home theater, doing so with a visually appealing user interface that provides instant access to your media.
- SMPlayer intends to be a complete front-end for MPlayer, from basic features like playing videos, DVDs, and VCDs to more advanced features like support for MPlayer filters and...
- Full-featured media player known for its ease of use, skinnable design and advanced audio visualizers.
- MPC-BE is a free and open source audio and video player for Windows.
- Media center allowing to watch movies, series, YouTube channels instantly. You can watch in HD, with subtitles, and easily cast any file to TV through DLNA, Chromecast, AppleTV! Stremio also gives you notifications for new episodes / movies.
- MediaMonkey is a music player and a music library manager with support for 50,000+ files and many features for organizing, tagging, converting and burning your music.
- Amarok is a powerful music player for Linux, Unix and Windows with an intuitive interface.
- A extensible Music player with Podcast support, web radio, playlists and many more. As it is written in Python, writing new plug-ins is really easy.
- MPlayer is a movie player which runs on many systems (see the documentation).
- The media player provided pre-installed with all modern Windows versions (7 and higher): Windows Media Player 12 plays more music and video than ever, including Flip Video and...