The most popular alternative is VLC Media Player, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to MPV so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting MPV alternatives are MPC-HC (Free, Open Source), PotPlayer (Free), SMPlayer (Free, Open Source) and Winamp (Freemium).
- VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework. Owned by the non-profit organization VideoLAN.
- MPC-HC is an extremely light-weight, open source media player for Windows. It supports all common video and audio file formats available for playback.
- Minimalist video player that supports 3D video, Direct3D9 Ex Flip Mode, and sound card selection.
- SMPlayer intends to be a complete front-end for MPlayer, from basic features like playing videos, DVDs, and VCDs to more advanced features like support for MPlayer filters and...
- Full-featured media player known for its ease of use, skinnable design and advanced audio visualizers.
- MPC-BE is a free and open source audio and video player for Windows.
- Media Player Classic was designed to look just like...
- INA is born to be a modern macOS application, from its framework to user interface.
- MPlayer is a movie player which runs on many systems (see the documentation).
- The KMPlayer is a versatile media player which can cover various types of container format.