What is MPV?
MPV is an audio and movie player based on MPlayer and mplayer2. It supports a wide variety of video file formats, audio and video codecs, and subtitle types. It shares some features with the former projects while introducing many more.
- Streamlined CLI options MPlayer's options parser was improved to behave more like other CLI programs, and many option names and semantics were reworked to make them more intuitive and memorable.
- On Screen Controller While mpv has no official GUI, it has a small controller that is triggered by mouse movement.
- High quality video output mpv has an OpenGL based video output that is capable of many features loved by videophiles, such as video scaling with popular high quality algorithms, color management, frame timing, interpolation, and more.
- GPU video decoding mpv leverages the FFmpeg hwaccel APIs to support VDPAU, VAAPI, DXVA2, VDA and VideoToolbox video decoding acceleration.
- Embeddable A straightforward C API was designed from the ground up to make mpv usable as a library and facilitate easy integration into other applications.
- 20,780 Stars
- 2,475 Forks
- 974 Open Issues