Photos & Graphics
The arts of photography, graphics creation, and image editing have forever been changed by modern software such as Adobe Photoshop. It’s now easier than ever to have total control over every single aspect of a photo or other graphical image, with the ability to export and share whatever still or moving image you want.
- GIMP is a free program for such photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. Essentially it's the closest thing to Photoshop you can get for free.
- Inkscape is a professional vector graphics editor for Linux, Windows and macOS. It's free and open source.
- Professional, free, and open-source raster graphics editor with advanced digital painting and sketching tools and workflow features.
- Blender is the free and open-source 3D creation suite. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing, video editing, and motion tracking.
- ShareX is a free and open source program that lets you capture or record any area of your screen and share it with a single press of a key. It also allows uploading images, text or other types of files to over 80 supported destinations.
- The standard in professional image editing and compositing for creative design work.
- Paint.net is a free and very capable image editing software for Windows. Great alternative to Photoshop for people that do not need all the stuff PS offers.
- Professional image editing software for Windows, Mac, and iPad.
- Fast, compact image viewer, editor, converter and organizer designed to be simple but powerful.
- Small screenshot tool with support for OCR, Office export, annotations, and more.
- Affinity Designer is the fastest, smoothest, most precise vector graphic design software available.
- The vector graphics design software that allows you to create sophisticated graphics, amazing layouts and illustrations - all in just one super powerful tool.
- Google Photos is the home for all of your photos and videos, searchable and organised by the people, places and things that matter.
- FreeCAD is a general purpose parametric 3D CAD modeler. The development is completely Open Source (LGPL License).
- Comprehensive photo management software for viewing, batch converting, editing and resizing images and creating thumbnail sheets.