The most popular alternative is darktable, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to digiKam so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting digiKam alternatives are Adobe Lightroom (Paid), Shotwell (Free, Open Source), Adobe Bridge (Free) and gThumb (Free, Open Source).
- darktable is a virtual lighttable and darkroom for photographers: it manages your digital negatives in a database and lets you view them through a zoomable lighttable.
- Create incredible photos anywhere with all-new Lightroom CC and 1 TB of cloud storage. Get powerful editing features on any device in a new, easy-to-use interface.
- Shotwell is an open source photo organizer designed for the GNOME desktop environment. Features
- Bridge CC gives you centralized access to all the files and assets you need for your creative projects.
- gThumb is an image viewer and browser for the GNOME Desktop. Features Image Viewer
- Manage your photo collection with Piwigo
Piwigo is open source photo gallery software for the web. Designed for organisations, teams and individuals.
- ACDSee is a complex, multi-purpose application that serves for viewing, organizing and editing digital photos.
- Eagle helps you manage pictures, screenshots, user interfaces and designs that make your lightbulb shine. If you are a designer, you will definitely love this!.
- qView is a Qt-based image viewer designed to be practical and minimal, available for Windows, macOS, and Linux