Manage your photo collection with Piwigo Piwigo is open source photo gallery software for the web. Designed for organisations, teams and individuals.
- Free • Open Source
- Photo Manager
- Photo Sharing App
- Image Hosting Service
- Android Tablet
- Windows Phone
What is Piwigo?
Piwigo is a photo gallery software for the web that comes with powerful features to publish and manage your collection of pictures.
Piwigo is a free and open-source web-based system, built by an active community of users and developers. Freely available extensions make Piwigo easily customizable. It is notable as a system with many features.
- Add Photos Photos can be added via a web form, with an FTP client software, with digiKam, Shotwell, Lightroom, iPhoto (Mac users), Aperture (Mac users) or mobile applications for iPhone/iPad and Android
- Multiple size Each photo is available in 9 sizes, from XXS to XXL, for improved compatibility with various screen resolutions (from smartphones to HDTVs)
- Watermark Piwigo can automatically add a watermark on all photos, to protect photos against unwanted copy.
- Albums Each image is bound to one or more albums. Albums are hierarchical and there is no limit in depth.
- Tags An administrator describes photos with tags, then visitors can browse photos by tags or multiple related tags, for example "night + Paris + John".
- Calendar Extracted from EXIF metadata, Piwigo knows the date of each photo and is able to display photos for a given day, month or year.
- Themes The appearance of the photo gallery is defined by the theme. There are various themes provided by the project community.
- Plugins Plugins expand capabilities of Piwigo. Example of plugins: YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Google Maps or displaying photos in a Lightbox.
- Access control Access control is handled by the user manager, restricting and granting varying levels of access to photos and albums.
- Notification system Users can be alerted of changes and updates through RSS feeds, E-mail or sharing on social networks Twitter, Facebook or Google+.
- Videos With the use of freely available extensions, Piwigo may also be used to handle videos.
- 4.56 avg rating
Comments and Reviews
- Photo Sharing
- Image Hosting
- Photo Manager
CategoriesPhotos & Graphics • Social & Communications
Lists containing PiwigoThe ultimate F-Droid setup (300+ Apps) • GrapheneOS AppVerse • How to live without Google • Entertainment
Recent user activities on Piwigo
- snotnuke added Lightweight as a feature to Piwigosn
- snotnuke liked Piwigosn
- vincent-peugnet liked Piwigo
Fairly easy to get started with it. Still actively being developed and it has a lot of features for displaying photographs online, including watermarking your images.
Piwigo is not free. He only has 14 days of testing
Piwigo is free if you host it yourself. Cloud-hosted version costs
Self hosting etc are all great options, but you cant upload all of your images and keep your folder structure too, which is bit of a bummer. You need to do it folder by folder
Hi tomara, actually you can use Piwigo Remote Sync which will read your local folder structure and synchronize it with your albums in Piwigo. You can also use FTP (not available on Piwigo.com, only if you host Piwigo on your own hosting) to upload your folder structure and then use the "sync" feature in Piwigo administration.