What is SketchUp?
SketchUp (formerly Google Sketchup) is a 3D modeling computer program for a wide range of drawing applications such as architectural, interior design, civil and mechanical engineering, film, and video game design—and available in a freeware version, SketchUp Make, and a paid version with additional functionality, SketchUp Pro.
SketchUp comes with a 3D Gallery that lets you search for models and share yours. These are any type of model that you can imagine: furniture, houses, cars, statues…
SketchUp features include:
- Easy to use
- You can find out what part of the model is hit by the sun
- Experiment with colours and textures
- See the mock-ups
And much more….
If you like decoration and drawing, you’ll have a great time with SketchUp.
Comments and Reviews
Recent user activities on SketchUp
- added SketchUp as alternative(s) to Reno
- thinks Spline is an alternative to SketchUp
- Upvoted a comment on FreeCAD as an alternative to SketchUp
Sketchup is for quick drawing, to think in 3D. Not for blueprints or super accurate things. Freecad can resolve constraints but is anything but intuitive of fast. They can't be compared.