Audio & Music
Audio apps and services can vary greatly. From services to listen to music, manage large amounts of it in a library format, or create it, to apps that allow you to be a pro disk jockey with ease, the software in this category runs the gamut in functionality.
- Audacity is a free, open source, and cross-platform audio and music editor.
- Spotify is a freemium music streaming service providing digital rights management-restricted content from record labels including Sony, EMI, Warner Music Group and Universal.
- foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform.Main features
- Last.fm is a music community website that offers personalized internet radio, using a recommendation system called "Audioscrobbler" to build a detailed profile of users...
- Let's make music with a free, cross-platform tool for your computer.
- Listen to free music and podcasts on Soundcloud.
- Clementine is a cross-platform free and open source music player and library organizer based on Amarok 1.4.
- Free and full-featured media player with seamless, high-quality audio playback and comprehensive format support.
- MusicBee makes it easy to manage, find, and play music files on your computer. MusicBee also supports podcasts, web radio stations and SoundCloud integration.
- Mp3tag is a metadata editor for audio and video files.
- Strawberry is a music player and music collection organizer. It's written in C++ using the Qt framework.
- FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec, an audio format similar to MP3, but lossless, meaning that audio is compressed in FLAC without any loss in quality.
- Professional DAW and beat making software covering all aspects of digital audio composition, mastering and editing.
- Python-based music tagging software with CD lookup and AcoustID to effortlessly ID music.
- Media player, media library, Internet radio broadcaster, and iPhone device management application.