What is Last.fm?
Last.fm is a music community website that offers personalized internet radio, using a recommendation system called "Audioscrobbler" to build a detailed profile of users based on their music tastes and interests. The service installs plugins into the user's media player and automatically profiles the songs he/she listens to. The service will offer recommendations and a 'personal' radio station based on the user's listening patterns.
As of early 2009 last.fm charges 3 EUR/month subscription fee to allow listening to music on their website. Paid features include:
- Unlimited radio streaming
- Ad-free browsing and streaming
- Recent visitors to your profile
- A prestigious black icon
- Access to the VIP zone with more charts, graphs and the latest from the Last.fm Labs
Last.fm Desktop Screenshots and Videos
- Personalized RecommendationsLast.fm can recommend content you like, whether it's something you already know or not.
- Developed byLast.fm Ltd.
- LicensingProprietary and Freemium product.
- PricingOne time purchase (perpetual license)
- RatingAverage rating of 4.3 (18 ratings)
- Alternatives200 alternatives listed
- 2.64 avg rating
Our users have written 29 comments and reviews about Last.fm, and it has gotten 1641 likes