Video streaming Apps for Linux
Sites like YouTube and Twitch have become mainstays throughout the world, and it’s easy to see why. Instant access to a cornucopia of content that’s easily streamable anywhere there’s a stable Internet connection has redefined the way we consume media. Even paid methods of streaming TV shows and movies such as Hulu and Netflix have seemingly superseded the previous methods of physical media-based playback.
- VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework. Owned by the non-profit organization VideoLAN.
- Full-featured screen recording and live streaming software for Mac, Windows and Linux.
- Watch movies and TV shows instantly.
- Media center allowing to watch movies, series, YouTube channels instantly. You can watch in HD, with subtitles, and easily cast any file to TV through DLNA, Chromecast, AppleTV! Stremio also gives you notifications for new episodes / movies.
- Metastream allows you to watch internet videos with friends. It synchronizes media on websites so you can watch together.
- LBRY is the first digital marketplace to be controlled by the market's participants rather than a corporation or other 3rd-party.
- DVD and Blu-Ray ripper.
- Private File Sharing, Sync and Mobile Access for Home and Business. Access, Sync and Share ALL docs, photos, music and videos from anywhere. No Storage Limits. No Security Worries.
- Ampache is a web based audio streaming application and file manager allowing you to access your music from anywhere, using almost any internet enabled device.
- Serviio is a free media server. It allows you to stream your media files (music, video or images) to any DLNA-certified renderer device (e.g.
- django CMS is an Enterprise CMS built with Django and one of the most active open-source projects in the Django ecosystem. Since 2007 it powers tens of thousands of websites across the world, and benefits from a friendly developer community.
- This is an all-in-one solution for safe, anonymous and unlimited access to web sources from anywhere around the globe. The app is available on iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Windows Phone and Linux.
- motionEyeOS is a Linux distribution that turns a single-board computer into a video surveillance system.
- Free and open source closed circuit camera suite for premises security for home and business.
- No more waiting before watching a movie Stream any Torrent to your AppleTV via AirPlay Also allows you to stream any movie in your HardDrive via AirPlay