OBS Studio Alternatives
Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) is a rare gem in the world of screen recording and streaming. Besides being free and open source, it works the same across all desktop platforms.
It's also one of the most heavily used tools for simple screen recording. Alternative screen recorders can be filtered with the screen-recorder feature.
Most alternatives are freemium or commercial apps. Similar free apps can be found with the open-source license filter.
- SimpleScreenRecorder is a Linux screen recorder that supports X11 and OpenGL. It is easy to use, feature-rich, and has a Qt-based graphical user interface.
- Live streaming and recording software that was early to the gaming and variety live streaming boom.
- Bandicam is a lightweight screen recorder for Windows that can capture anything on your PC screen. Also, it makes it possible to record a certain area on a PC screen, or capture a game that uses the DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan graphic technologies.
- A video live streaming platform that allows it's customers to broadcast live video content online, and viewers to play the content via an internet connected device. .
- Streamlabs OBS is all you need for streaming! Our almighty developers have combined a streamer's essentials like video preview, dashboard, and chat windows in one app with better video quality and lower CPU usage.
- Action! allows streaming and real-time recording of Windows desktop in a superb HD video quality.
- Kazam is a simple screen recording program that will capture the content of your screen and record a video file that can be played by any video player that supports VP8/WebM video...
- Simple animated Gif screen recorder for Linux. Open-source. Provides an easy to install Ubuntu deb package.
- VokscreenNG is a user friendly screencaster for Linux and Windows.