OBS Studio Alternatives
Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) is a rare gem in the world of screen recording and streaming. Besides being free and open source, it works the same across all desktop platforms.
It's also one of the most heavily used tools for simple screen recording. Alternative screen recorders can be filtered with the screen-recorder feature.
Most alternatives are freemium or commercial apps. Similar free apps can be found with the open-source license filter.
- Free version Records up to 15 minutes, premium is $20/year or $48/year depending on features (as of January 2020).
- ApowerREC is a cross-platform app that can be used to record screen on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android, and it enables you to record screen efficiently, which makes it a perfect screen recorder to capture screen activities and wonderful moments. .
- Icecream Screen recorder is a screen recorder that can both record screen and take screenshots. The program records video, system sounds and the microphone audio.
- Wirecast software lets you produce professional-looking live events with just a camera, an internet connection and a computer.
- Snowmix is a video mixer tool for mixing live and recorded video and audio feeds. It supports clipping, scaling and transparent overlay of video, png graphics and text.
- ShadowPlay is a graphics-accelerated overlay to record and share high-quality gameplay videos, screenshots, and livestreams.
- Screen recorder software for making video tutorials, product demos and sharing your gaming experience. Screenbits allows you to easily record anything on the screen and save it into high quality compressed video files.
- Prism Live Studio is an app with which you can multistream to platforms(youtube, twitch, periscope and so on) and add AR masks, graphic effects, and media files to your streams and videos. Supporting various environment(iOS, Android, PC).
- CyberLink YouCam delivers the functionality of a complete live video studio, to take full advantage of your webcam.
- Krut is a screencast tool that is written in Java and well suited for making video tutorials (instructional videos) on most platforms.