OBS Studio Alternatives
Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) is a rare gem in the world of screen recording and streaming. Besides being free and open source, it works the same across all desktop platforms.
It's also one of the most heavily used tools for simple screen recording. Alternative screen recorders can be filtered with the screen-recorder feature.
Most alternatives are freemium or commercial apps. Similar free apps can be found with the open-source license filter.
- ScreenStudio is an easy screen recording that will let you create screencast or live streaming of your desktop.
- PlayClaw is game video recording and streaming tool with various overlays.
- XSplit VCam makes cutting edge background removal and blurring possible with any webcam, without the need for expensive green screens, and complicated lighting setups.
- Free video screencast recording right from Gmail.
- You can record everything with GOM Cam, including your PC screens, webcam feed, and game screens.
- Built with five screen recording modes, RecMaster will offer you an easies and most efficient way to record your computer screen. Just one click from RecMaster, enjoy every moment and details from your computer screen.
- Taksi is a utility that allows you to take screenshots and record video clips of your favourite games and other 3D-graphics applications. Inspired by...
- Ustream Producer is an easy and powerful way to stream to your Ustream channel.
- There exist a lot of screen recorders, but all lack the speed for doing some full screen recording. The speed is just to low or cpu to high.
- [NOTE: Apowersoft Screen Recorder is available for free online at http://www.apowersoft.com/free-online-screen-recorder . The Windows version is commercial.]