Whether it’s sending an email to your friend, attaching a photo to a message for your beloved on WhatsApp, or transferring a lengthy presentation to multiple team members across the globe, file sharing is an integral function of modern technology that we all use every day.
The applications and services found on this page all focus on different parts of the wide spectrum of file sharing, whether that’s hosting a File Transfer Protocol server or enabling users to download photo albums with ease.
- Lightweight and open source torrent client that runs on all major platforms.
- Syncthing replaces proprietary sync and cloud services with something open, trustworthy and decentralized. Your data is your data alone and you deserve to choose where it is stored.
- Transmission has the features you expect in a BitTorrent client: encryption, a web-based interface, peer exchange, UPnP and NAT-PMP port forwarding, web seed support, watch...
- FileZilla is a powerful FTP-client. It has been designed for ease of use and with support for as many features as possible, while still being fast and reliable.
- µTorrent is an ad-supported, proprietary BitTorrent client owned and developed by BitTorrent, Inc.
- WinSCP, a popular free SFTP and FTP client for Windows, copies files between a local and remote computer. It supports also FTPS, SCP and WebDAV. It offers easy to use GUI for all common file operations and a powerfull automation with .NET assembly.
- Known as "the world's most resilient BitTorrent site", The Pirate Bay is a website that lets you search for, download, and upload torrents.
- Deluge is a full-featured BitTorrent client for Linux, Unix and Windows. It is written in python, uses...
- WebTorrent Desktop is able to instantly stream and play right away video and audio. You don't have to wait for it to finish downloading.
- A libre FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, S3, Backblaze B2, Azure & OpenStack Swift browser.
- FDM accelerates downloads by splitting files into sections and then downloading them simultaneously.
- Bitcoin is a peer-to-peer digital currency. Peer-to-peer (P2P) means that there is no central authority to issue new money or keep track of transactions.
- aria2 is a multi-protocol & multi-source, cross platform download utility. The supported protocols are HTTP(S), FTP, BitTorrent (DHT, PEX, MSE/PE), and Metalink.
- IPFS is a global, versioned, peer-to-peer filesystem. It combines good ideas from Git, BitTorrent, Kademlia, SFS, and the web.
- Android, BSD, Linux, and Windows open source multimedia download manager.