What is Wormhole?
Simple, private file sharing
Wormhole lets you share files with end-to-end encryption and a link that automatically expires. So you can keep what you share private and make sure your stuff doesn't stay online forever.
The fastest way to send files on the internet. Period.
We think Wormhole is ten times better.
Our #1 goal is speed – you should be able to get a share link in less than 2 seconds with the absolute minimum number of clicks.
That's why Wormhole supports instant file streaming. There's no need to wait for your files to finish uploading before you can copy the link and send it to your recipient. The recipient can start downloading even before the files have finished uploading.
We use super fast peer-to-peer transfer to send files directly to the recipient when possible. This improves speed and security – especially when transferring files over a local network, like when you just want to get a file from your phone onto your computer.
In addition, we store your encrypted files on our servers for 24 hours so the share link will keep working for your recipient even after you close the Wormhole site.
Official repository: https://github.com/SocketDev/wormhole-crypto
Wormhole Desktop Screenshots and Videos
- End-to-End EncryptionWormhole has E2E Encryption, for entire or parts of the app.
- Privacy focusedWormhole is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- LightweightWormhole consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Command line interfaceWormhole either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Wormhole without registration.
- Developed bySocket Inc
- LicensingProprietary and Free product.
- RatingAverage rating of 5
- Alternatives83 alternatives listed
Our users have written 8 comments and reviews about Wormhole, and it has gotten 25 likes