What is Deluge?
Deluge is a full-featured BitTorrent client for Linux, Unix and Windows. It is written in python, uses libtorrent (rasterbar) at its core and GTK for the main user interface along with web and console interfaces for advanced client/server facility.
Deluge features a rich plugin collection; in fact, most of Deluge's functionality is available in the form of plugins.
Deluge was created with the intention of being lightweight and unobtrusive. It is our belief that downloading shouldn't be the primary task on your computer and therefore shouldn't monopolize system resources.
Deluge will work just fine across many desktop environments such as GNOME, KDE, XFCE and others.
Deluge Desktop Screenshots and Videos
- Ad-freeDeluge doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsDeluge can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- LightweightDeluge consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Privacy focusedDeluge is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- PortableDeluge can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Developed byDeluge Team
- LicensingOpen Source and Free product.
- RatingAverage rating of 3.4 (22 ratings)
- Alternatives70 alternatives listed
Our users have written 28 comments and reviews about Deluge, and it has gotten 690 likes
Comments and Reviews Post a comment/review
Deluge platform details
Available through macports