Getting stuff done is super easy when using a tool as simple and work-focused as TaskPaper. Its clutter-free design and reliance on plain text results in a fast and efficient, keyboard-centered workflow.
While TaskPaper's format is plain text, it's not exactly the same as Markdown. Those already comfortable with Markdown might prefer a note app with Markdown support.
TaskPaper is a commercial app strictly made for Mac whereas most alternatives are web-based with desktop and mobile clients covering everything from Windows, Mac and Linux to Android and iPhone. Most of them are likewise commercial with some free offerings, while some outstanding open-source options exist as well.
- Task management has never been this easy. Simplicity, however, is not achieved at the expense of powerful features.
- Task Coach is a simple open source todo manager to keep track of personal tasks and todo lists. It is designed for composite tasks, and also offers effort tracking, categories, notes and more.
- Create instant task lists, share notes, and video chat, all on the same page. Taskade is a modern organization and collaboration tool for getting things done. Get our app on Web, Mobile, Chrome, Mac and Windows. Taskade is simple, flexible, and fun! .
- OmniFocus is designed to quickly capture your thoughts and ideas to store, manage, and help you process them into actionable to-do items.
- An easy to use, web-based to-do list. Get organized, stay motivated, and be more productive. Toodledo allows you to:## Organize Your Tasks.
- Moo.do is a notepad, a to-do list, and an outliner, but with advanced features that make the cloud-based application much more useful than any of those tools would be on their own.
- Any.do is an award-winning app used by millions of people to stay organized and get more done.
- 2Do lets you take a completely different approach to managing your tasks. With its extremely simple-to-use interface and a comprehensive and flexible set of powerful features, it lets you focus on what's most important to you: your life. .
- Marvin incorporates principles from behavioral psychology to help you beat procrastination, feel in control and finish your todo list. Marvin is specifically designed to help you get your tasks done and not just store them.
- Nirvana is a secure, cloud-based GTD® task manager accessible from your desktop web browser and mobile devices.