Getting stuff done is super easy when using a tool as simple and work-focused as TaskPaper. Its clutter-free design and reliance on plain text results in a fast and efficient, keyboard-centered workflow.
While TaskPaper's format is plain text, it's not exactly the same as Markdown. Those already comfortable with Markdown might prefer a note app with Markdown support.
TaskPaper is a commercial app strictly made for Mac whereas most alternatives are web-based with desktop and mobile clients covering everything from Windows, Mac and Linux to Android and iPhone. Most of them are likewise commercial with some free offerings, while some outstanding open-source options exist as well.
- The simplest way to keep notes.
- Todoist is a task manager thats useful, fast and easy to use. Accomplish more, every day.Millions of people rely on Todoist to get things done.
- List-making software with infinite levels of indentation, giving you the flexibility of infinite layers of organization.
- Dynalist is a web app that lets you break down and organize your thoughts in the format of lists.
- Org mode is for keeping notes, maintaining TODO lists, planning projects, and authoring documents with a fast and effective plain-text system.
- The smart to-do app for busy people.
- Get more done with the Google Tasks mobile app. Manage, capture, and edit your tasks from anywhere, at anytime, with to-dos that sync across all your devices.
- Colorful & powerful sticky notes app for Windows & Phones. Set reminder alarms, attach them to any website or document, organize them using folders/tags, sync sticky notes between devices & send notes across LAN or to any contact across the globe.
- Windows desktop application to stay on top of your daily tasks.