Evernote works as a freemium note-taking service compatible with many device form factors and operating systems, from availability on Windows, macOS, and Linux, to an app available on the App Store and the Google Play Store.
With other alternatives available that also synchronize across devices, it all comes down to your preferred format and layout. If Evernote is not working for your taste, there are plenty of alternatives that also allow you to synchronize your written notes and content on many devices. You might also prefer open source alternatives to Evernote.
One feature that you may be looking for in alternatives to Evernote is support for recognizing handwriting and adding it to notes as text.
- A digital notebook application that gives people one place to gather notes and information. .
- An open source note taking and to-do application with synchronisation capabilities.
- NoteLedge Cloud is the world's most versatile multimedia note-taking app that allows you to take notes, sketch your ideas, record audio and video, organize multimedia content, share and present your work.
- The simplest way to keep notes.
- Standard Notes is a simple and private notes app. It allows you to write and sync your notes across all your devices, including your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and web browser.
- Google Keep has several features including color coding notes, inserting images, creating lists, geo-fencing, shareable notes, and search by color.
- With so many tools, it's hard to keep everyone on the same page. Notion is a new tool that unifies them all.
- Whether it's bookmarks or passwords, files or shopping lists...Turtl organizes it all and makes it easy to find later. Sync across your devices. Leave nothing behind.
- A desktop personal wiki with inline preview as-you-type and lots of plugins.
- A productivity and task management tool appropriate for both individuals and businesses. With Nimbus Note users can create notes and to-do lists, share them with others, and archive important data.
Save anything. Access it anywhere. Share with anyone.