File Encryption Apps
Your personal data is just that: Personal. And that personal data should be able to withstand any attempts to be accessed by brute force attacks. The first step to ensuring this is to make sure it is properly encrypted. Software such as VeraCrypt is designed to protect the data on your hard drive so that, in the event that an attacker or thief gains access to your personal belongings, they are unable to see any of the photos or documents that are on your computer.
- 7-Zip is a file archiver with a high compression ratio.The main features of 7-Zip High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression
- Secure email with absolutely no compromises, brought to you by MIT and CERN scientists. Swiss Based
- VeraCrypt is a free disk encryption software brought to you by IDRIX and that is based on...
- Wire is the most secure collaboration platform featuring messenger, voice, video, conference calls, file-sharing, and external collaboration –all protected by the most secure...
- Cryptomator provides transparent, client-side encryption for your cloud. Protect your documents from unauthorized access.
- Easy, one-click access to a large array of cleaners and boosters to optimize PC and Android performance.
- With CryptPad, you can make quick collaborative documents for taking notes and writing down ideas together.
- Bandizip is a powerful archiver which provides an ultrafast processing speed and convenient features. Available free of charge, and its paid editions support a variety of advanced features.
- GnuPG allows to encrypt and sign your data and communication, features a versatile key management system as well as access modules for all kinds of public key directories.
- Tresorit is the end-to-end encrypted file sync and sharing solution which safeguards confidential information by design.
- AES Crypt is an advanced file encryption utility that integrates with the Windows shell or runs from the Linux command prompt to provide a simple, yet powerful, tool for...
- CryFS encrypts your files, so you can safely store them anywhere. It works well together with cloud services like Dropbox, iCloud, OneDrive and others.
- AxCrypt is a simple file encryption software for Windows. It integrates seamlessly with your workflow to encrypt, decrypt, store, send and work with files.Main features
- Dino is a modern open-source chat client for the desktop. It focuses on providing a clean and reliable Jabber/XMPP experience while having your privacy in mind. Using GTK+/Vala.
- SiriKali is a Qt/C++ GUI application that manages ecryptfs,cryfs,encfs,gocryptfs and securefs based encrypted folders. These projects are compared here.