What is Kryptor?
Free and open source file encryption software for Windows, Linux, and macOS.
It is a portable, cross-platform command line tool that makes use of modern and secure cryptographic algorithms. It aims to be a mixture of age and Minisign in terms of functionality to provide a simple, user friendly alternative to GPG.
- Encrypt files with a password, keyfile, or asymmetric keys.
- Create and verify digital signatures. Supports an authenticated comment and prehashing for large files.
- Encrypting files using a recipient's public key allows for authenticated file sharing.
- Generation of asymmetric key pairs. The private key is encrypted for protection at rest.
- UNIX style password entry and random passphrase generation.
- Random keyfile generation. Any type of file can also be used as a keyfile.
- Optional obfuscation of output file names when encrypting files/folders.
- Optional overwriting of input files.
- 377 Stars
- 26 Forks
- 0 Open Issues