Microsoft Paint Alternatives
Being bundled with every version of Windows in recent memory, Paint is a basic option, but its tools are usually enough to get the job done, so long as that job is basic image and graphics editing.
There are plenty of free options available across every major operating system and device form factor that offer more feature-rich experiences, such as layer support and support for extensions and plugins.
- Paint.net is a free and very capable image editing software for Windows. Great alternative to Photoshop for people that do not need all the stuff PS offers.
- Professional, free, and open-source raster graphics editor with advanced digital painting and sketching tools and workflow features.
- MyPaint is a fast, distraction-free, and easy painting tool for digital artists. It supports graphics tablets made by Wacom, and many similar devices.
- Adobe Illustrator is a commercial vector graphics editor.
- Paint 98 is a simple yet powerful drawing tool for iPhone and iPad that lets you to create, edit and share images without all the complications of today's image editors. Paint like it's 1998!.
- Online photo editor, which can work with PSD, XCF and Sketch files (Photoshop, Gimp and Sketch App). Convert between PSD, XCF, JPG, PNG and many other formats. .
- A lightweight software for illustration and making comic books on Windows and Mac OS.
- A professional digital drawing and painting application for iPad (and iPhone as a Pocket version).
- KolourPaint is a simple painting program to quickly create raster images. It is useful as a touch-up tool and for simple image editing tasks.