The most popular alternative is Paint.NET. It's not free, so if you're looking for a free alternative, you could try Pixlr or MyPaint. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to GIMP so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting GIMP alternatives are Adobe Photoshop (Paid), Affinity Photo (Paid), Photopea (Free) and Pixelmator (Paid).
- Seashore is an open source image editor for Mac OS. It features gradients, textures and anti-aliasing for both text and brush strokes.
- New powerful photo editing station packed with over 300 useful tools and versatile features.
- PixaFlux is a node based image processing application.
- ImagePlay is a rapid prototyping tool for building and testing image processing algorithms.
- Free Photo Editing Software for PC
- A Beautifully Designed Image and Photo Editor for Windows and Linux.
- We believe artists deserve the best possible tools and we are determined to give it to them. The goal with Leonardo is to make the best painting application ever.
- Pixelsque's goal is to be as simple as possible, while still retaining many powerful features. It works like any standard pixel art editor, with a pen, eraser, and shapes.
- You can use it to view your photographs and improve them. Showfoto is the standalone image editor of the digiKam project.
- Hornil Stylepix, or simply StylePix, is a graphics editing program with a number of advanced features. StylePix is an acronym for Style Pictures.