Free Twitter Alternatives
As a social network infamous for its strict character limits on posts and feeds that update in real-time, Twitter has grown into one of the most ubiquitous social networks and websites on the entire Internet, used as a source for communication and news alike.
It’s easy to see why, considering its easy to use and understand user interface and availability on the most popular platforms. Its popularization of hashtags and trends make you feel like you're participating in a global conversation.
It's hard to match the platform availability that Twitter has, but it's been met with criticism on its policies in regard to what can and cannot be discussed. There are alternatives to Twitter that highlight free speech, as well as those that are decentralized in order to ensure impartiality and total user control.
- A social network that champions free speech, individual liberty and the free flow of information online.
- Mastodon is a decentralized microblogging engine.FEATURES- Free and open-source.- Decentralized, no worries about a single company controlling your communications.
- We are a free and open-source platform to launch your digital brand, social network and mobile app. We are also a social network ourselves.
- Diaspora is a federated social networking service, designed to be a more privacy-aware alternative to...
- Pixelfed is an image sharing platform with focus on Privacy, Safety and Security, an ethical alternative to centralized platforms like Instagram.
Federated, Ad-Free, No algorithms, No 3rd party analytics or tracking.
Can run on your own server.
- GNU social is communication software for both public and private communications.
- Distributed social network. With focus on decentralization, privacy, interoperability.
- Nitter is a free and open-source front-end mirror of Twitter, which allows you to consult Twitter, with a focus on privacy.
- Pleroma is a free, federated social networking server built on open protocols. It is compatible with GNU Social, Mastodon, and many other ActivityPub and OStatus implementations.