Helps me stay updated on everything from my friends' lives to current events.
It's better than facebook or Instagram
I really do NOT trust Twitter. Why? Well because before I start using any tool I do a research about its behaviors, challenges, strengths. After using Twitter for years, the following is a summary of my findings about why I really do NOT trust Twitter.
The bad• Shadow ban. Which is very unethical. If you're not familiar with "shadow ban" it means Twitter ban you, but you do not know you were banned, because you keep posting. But nobody sees your content. Abhinav Vadrevu, former software engineer at Twitter was caught on video saying this at https://youtu.be/64gTjdUrDFQ?t=25s
• Down rank. If you're not familiar with "down rank" it means Twitter try to get you to not show up in the search results. Olind Hassan, Policy Manager at Twitter was caught on video saying this https://youtu.be/64gTjdUrDFQ?t=1m22s
• Twitter present itself as politically neutral. But they do NOT behave like that. Instead many Twitter staff actively do political targetting, bias, promote one political agenda, and censorship of your content if they disagree with it. Source at https://youtu.be/64gTjdUrDFQ
• They easily cave in on the U.S. government. Which frequently and repeatedly asks Twitter to censor user’s content. Pranay Singh, Direct Messaging Engineer at Twitter was caught on video saying this https://youtu.be/64gTjdUrDFQ?t=6m23s Alternative source at https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/01/11/undercover-video-twitter-engineers-to-ban-a-way-of-talking-through-shadow-banning-algorithms-to-censor-opposing-political-opinions/
• Potentially not secure. Because the code is not available publicly. So it can not be review by the public. In other words, there is a risk of abuse.
• It is own by a for-profit corporation. It is not owned by a not-for-profit community. Usually a corporation first priority is to hoard money. Not serve you and protect your privacy.
• None I could think of
• If you need freedom of speech, openness, diversity, you might be interested to consider alternatives. Such as https://Minds.com or https://DiasporaFoundation.org
... and now we can add:
Reply written over 3 years ago
true. they shadowbanned my account too because I promoted many legitimate articles that expose the lies/true nature of muslims community in sri lanka.
Reply written over 2 years ago
@tihedomecu They Are Really Maniac, They Even Shadow Ban You Because You Expose Muslim Conditions On Sri Langka? Does That Thing Even Have Problem With Twitter Restrictions, I Better Tell My Friends To Kick Twitter As Hard As They Can
Reply written 8 months ago
Leftist, Marxist cesspool. Every government should ban this site.
Insane people like it.
Jack Dorsey is another job security king.
Should be noted with a warning that Twitter is a heaven for radical far left and far right extremists. And full of hate speech and calls for violence against conservatives, centrists, ideological dissidence, religion and culture.
Pro-censorship. Violates the 1st amendment. AVOID this data-selling website.
Our users have written 36 comments and reviews about Twitter, and it has gotten 1052 likes