JotDown is a markdown editing suite, designed to organize and edit markdown files in one or more directories.
Your files are stored in portable, standard markdown format on your machine.
JotDown has no cloud storage, but you can easily put your files in a directory shared with other systems via Syncthing/Dropbox/OneDrive/Box.
Files are organized by using standard yaml at the beginning of your markdown documents, letting you add document titles, categories and tags that live with your markdown documents. More Info »
As a markdown editor, JotDown has a number of standard and non-standard features, including:
- Rendering of flow charts and sequence diagrams
- Markdown preview including synced checkbox lists and diagrams
- A synchronized outline view for easier document navigation
- Typewriter and distraction free modes, removing UI and centering your text on the screen for improved focus, hopefully.
- (optional) Vlambeer-inspired powermode. Make writing streaks more exciting