- The smartmontools package contains two utility programs (smartctl and smartd) to control and monitor storage systems using the Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology System (SMART) built into most modern ATA and SCSI harddisks.
No screenshots yet
- Free • Open Source
- MHDD is the most popular freeware program for low-level HDD diagnostics. MHDD supports these interfaces: IDE, Serial ATA, SCSI. Also there is a possibility to access an USB storage, there are drivers for emulation (USB->SCSI).
- Free • Proprietary
Last version 4.6 was released in 2005. See http://hddguru.com/software/2005.10.02-MHDD/mhdd_changelog.en.html
- Monitoring temperatures and status of system components such as CPU, GPU and hard disk drive, fan speeds * Monitor your hard disk drive temperature and the health status of your hard disk drive by constantly checking the critical S.M.A.R.T. attributes.
- Paid • Proprietary
- PassMark DiskCheckup allows the user to monitor the SMART attributes of a particular hard disk drive. SMART (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) is a feature on a computer's hard disk for providing various monitoring indicators of disk reliability.
- Free Personal • Proprietary