HDD Guardian Alternatives
Open-source HDD/SSD utility for monitoring S.M.A.R.T. values, disk temperature and other information.
- - CrystalDiskInfo is the most popular Windows alternative to HDD Guardian.
- - CrystalDiskInfo is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to HDD Guardian.
Smartctl GUI that supports controlling hard drive Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting.
- - GSmartControl is the most popular Mac & Linux alternative to HDD Guardian.
HD Tune is a hard disk / SSD utility with many functions. It can be used to measure the drive's performance, scan for errors, check the health status (S.M.A.R.T.), securely erase all data and more!.
HD Tune Features
The smartmontools package contains two utility programs (smartctl and smartd) to control and monitor storage systems using the Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology System (SMART) built into most modern ATA and SCSI harddisks.
Macrorit Disk Scanner is a third party disk surface portable tool for scan disk bad sectors which provides you with better options and better performance than Windows native disk scanner.
IsMyHdOK is a small program but effective solution to easily check the Performance of a Windows Volume eg. Partition!
StableBit Scanner is a state of the art disk health monitoring tool.
- Monitors the SMART data of your disks, and presents them in an easy to read, meaningful way.
- Lists detailed information about your disk, including the connection type, bus speed, and supported features.
- - StableBit Scanner is the most popular commercial alternative to HDD Guardian.
StableBit Scanner Features
HDDExpert gives you a crystal-clear vision of your Hard Drive (HDD or SSD) health and performance and translates S.M.A.R.T. attributes into readable indication.
KC Softwares has shut down all activities by end of October 2023.
SMART Utility is an application to scan the internal hardware diagnostics system of hard drives. SMART (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology) is a system built into hard drives by their manufacturers to report on various measurements (called attributes) of a hard...
A SMARTHDD intended for troubleshooting and operation optimization of HDD and SSD storages. Allows adjusting characteristics of HDD and SSD by modifying the positioning speed of magnetic heads (AAM) and fine-tuning power consumption (APM).
Diskscan is intended to provide the information needed to decide if a disk is good or not, be it an HDD or an SSD it is likely to be holding important data and if you have a suspicion that it is failing it is also important to know how bad is it down the road.