Open-source HDD/SSD utility for monitoring S.M.A.R.T. values, disk temperature and other information.
- - CrystalDiskInfo is the most popular Windows alternative to smartmontools.
- - CrystalDiskInfo is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to smartmontools.
Smartctl GUI that supports controlling hard drive Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting.
- - GSmartControl is the most popular Mac & Linux alternative to smartmontools.
Monitoring hard disk health and temperature. Test and repair HDD problems and predict failures. Prevent data loss by automatic and scheduled backup.
- - Hard Disk Sentinel is the most popular commercial alternative to smartmontools.
HD Tune is a hard disk / SSD utility with many functions. It can be used to measure the drive's performance, scan for errors, check the health status (S.M.A.R.T.), securely erase all data and more!.
HD Tune Features
Macrorit Disk Scanner is a third party disk surface portable tool for scan disk bad sectors which provides you with better options and better performance than Windows native disk scanner.
HDD Guardian provides a Windows front-end for smartctl, a utility which monitors your hard drive(s) and SSD(s) for health status, taking advantage of S.M.AR.T.Discontinued
Project has been discontinued per notice: http://hddguardian.codeplex.com/
DriveDx is advanced drive health diagnostic and monitoring utility. Unlike most drive utilities, DriveDx does not only monitor the drive’s built-in S.M.A.R.T. status, but also analyzes the changes of all drive health indicators that are closely related to HDD or SSD failures...
IsMyHdOK is a small program but effective solution to easily check the Performance of a Windows Volume eg. Partition!
Hard drives (and solid state drives) are the most failure prone components in your Mac. For that very reason, in fact, drive manufacturers have built in self monitoring, analysis and reporting technology right into the drive. (a.k.a.
StableBit Scanner is a state of the art disk health monitoring tool.
- Monitors the SMART data of your disks, and presents them in an easy to read, meaningful way.
- Lists detailed information about your disk, including the connection type, bus speed, and supported features.
StableBit Scanner Features