WordPad Alternatives for Windows
There are many alternatives to WordPad for Windows if you are looking to replace it. The most popular Windows alternative is LibreOffice - Writer, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to WordPad and many of them are available for Windows so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Windows alternatives to WordPad are Vim (Free, Open Source), Notion (Freemium), Microsoft Word (Paid) and FocusWriter (Free, Open Source).
- Writer has all the features you need from a modern, full-featured word processing or desktop publishing tool.
- Vim ("Vi IMproved") is an advanced text editor that allows syntax highlighting, word completion and has a huge amount of contributed content. It also has a GUI version called GVim.
- With so many tools, it's hard to keep everyone on the same page. Notion is a new tool that unifies them all.
- Simple but configurable and themeable, distraction-free text editor for writers. Open-source and available across desktop platforms.
- Typewriter. Ring-binder. Scrapbook. Scrivener combines everything you need to craft your first draft, from nascent notion to final full stop.
- Most simple text editor. Just plain text, saves in .txt format. Not available for download; bundled with all versions of Windows.
- A new medium for your ideas—augment your thinking with a text editor designed for structuring lists. Side-by-side views allow 3 modes of thinking.