WordPad Alternatives for iPad
Google Docs is an online word processor, part of Google Drive, that lets you create and format text documents and collaborate with other people in real time. Here's what you can do with Google Docs:
Suggest and vote on features
- - Google Docs is the most popular Web-based, Android, iPhone, iPad & Android Tablet alternative to WordPad.
Google Docs Features
- Real time collaborationMultiple users can work together in Google Docs simultaneously.
- File VersioningGoogle Docs has a version system that lets you view and go back to older versions of the project/file/document.
- Works OfflineGoogle Docs can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Sync with Google CalendarGoogle Docs can be synchronized with Google Calendar
- IFTTT IntegrationYou can connect different services to automatically trigger actions within Google Docs using IFTTT.
- Dark ModeGoogle Docs supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
Comments about Google Docs as a Alternative to WordPadMost users think Google Docs is a great WordPad alternative.
It's not a native stand-alone app. You need to run it in your browser. Should it work as a native app without overloading my poor hardware with a browser, I would consider it a good option.2
Microsoft Word, part of the Microsoft 365 (Office) but also sold as a standalone application, is Microsoft's word processor. Its proprietary (but open-specification) DOC format is considered a de-facto standard, although from 2007 and...
Suggest and vote on features
- - Microsoft Word is the most popular commercial alternative to WordPad.
Microsoft Word Features
- Text to SpeechMicrosoft Word allows you to transform written text into spoken text.
- Real time collaborationMultiple users can work together in Microsoft Word simultaneously.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsMicrosoft Word can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Dark ModeMicrosoft Word supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Spell CheckingMicrosoft Word can detect and correct all types of grammar and spelling mistakes.
- Cloud SyncSync your data (notes, documents, bookmarks, etc.) across your different devices and to the cloud.
- Full-Text SearchMicrosoft Word lets you search for specific words or phrases from inside a document or database.
- Works OfflineMicrosoft Word can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- PDF annotationMicrosoft Word support PDF Annotation for highlighting, notes etc
Comments about Microsoft Word as a Alternative to WordPadMost users think Microsoft Word is a great WordPad alternative.
It isn't cheap. And it may be heavier to load than Wordpad. Otherwise, it is a great option.1Guest
Not lightweight, costs a decent amount of money. In short, not suitable if you only need something comparable to MS Wordpad.5Guest
Wordpad comes with Windows, but Word is commercial and has more features than Wordpad. Word may have more features, but is slower, while Wordpad is super lightweight and simple. I'm looking for a lightweight and fast word processor for Linux so I can write quick RTF documents when I don't need the advanced features of a full-fledged word processor, like Wordpad for Windows.0Guest
is a superset of wordpad so yes you can use word to fully replace word pad.-3
Typewriter. Ring-binder. Scrapbook. Scrivener combines everything you need to craft your first draft, from nascent notion to final full stop.Suggest and vote on features
- Suggest and vote on features
WPS Writer Features
Comments about WPS Writer as a Alternative to WordPadpros, cons and recent commentsGuest
Modern Microsoft Word Look-Alike that opens MUCH faster than Word! Has EVERYTHING you need. Not as bloated as Libre. Stable, Familiar UI, and most importantly....FREE!0
TextMaker is the word processor in SoftMaker Office – fast, powerful, compatible and GDPR-compliant.Suggest and vote on features
iText is an intuitive and refined text editor with word processing completely rewritten in Cocoa (so works with Afloat), and is suitable for both Power PC and Intel Macs. iText provides the simplest way to make gorgeous manuscripts on your Mac!iText has no features, suggest some!