AutoHotkey (AHK) is a free, open-source macro-creation and automation software for Windows that allows users to automate repetitive tasks. It is driven by a scripting language that was initially aimed at providing keyboard shortcuts, otherwise known as hotkeys, that over time evolved into a full-fledged scripting language.
You can use AutoHotkey to:
- Automate almost anything by sending keystrokes or mouse clicks, or via COM.
- You can write a mouse or keyboard macro by hand or a recorder.
- Create hotkeys for keyboard, joystick, and mouse.
- Remap keys and buttons on your keyboard, joystick, and mouse.
- Expand abbreviations as you type them.
- Retrieve and change the Clipboard's contents. More Info »
You can also:
- Convert any AHK script into an executable file that can be run on computers where AutoHotkey is not installed.
- Create custom data-entry forms, user interfaces and menu bars.
- Automate data entry jobs by reading data from text files, XML, CSV, Excel and various database formats.
- Read signals from hand-held remote controls via the WinLIRC client script.
- Use the Component Object Model (COM).
- Use arrays, structures, matrices, and objects.
- Use variadic functions.
- Use DLL calls and Windows Messages.
- Use Perl Compatible Regular Expressions (PCRE).
- Use interactive debugging features.
AutoHotkey is listed in
Best features of macOS in Windows, Kagerjays Favorite Software List, Automation Tools, Windows, Keyboard Changes, win32, Open-Source Everything, Software of choice for everyday usage and more..., Freeware & open-source software that saved the Windows desktop, Software to Install (Windows), and Automation
Link to official AutoHotkey site
Automatic Looping Create Macro Exe Compiler Key rebinding Scripting
Add a feature
Development Office & Productivity
automated-tasks automatic-looping automation create-hotkeys create-macro exe-compiler hotkeys key-rebinding macro-recorder macros scripting text-expand text-expander text-expanding