Advanced automation app for Android that lets you trigger actions like alarms and app launches based on configurable events like phone calls or time of day. Tasker also ...
- Paid • Proprietary
- Task Automation App
- Android Tablet
What is Tasker?
Tasker is an application for Android which performs Tasks (sets of Actions) based on Contexts (application, time, date, location, event, gesture) in user-defined Profiles, or in clickable or timer home screen widgets. This simple concept profoundly extends your control of your Android device and its capabilities, without the need for root or a special home screen.
There are more than 190 built-in actions available in 14 categories.
- Alert: Flash, Menu, Notify LED/Sound/Vibrate, Cancel Notification, Popup Timed/WithTaskButtons, Set Light (LEDs,camera,keyboard,buttons etc root only), Torch, Vibrate, Vibrate Pattern
- App: Calendar Insert, Go Home, Kill App, Load App, Open Map (/StreetView/Navigate), Set Alarm
- Audio: Alarm/Call/DTMF/Media/Notification/Ringer/System Volume, Haptic Feedback Toggle, Microphone Mute, Notification Pulse, Notification/Ringer Vibrate, Silent Mode, Speakerphone, Sound Effects toggle
- Display: Auto-Brightness, Car Mode, Close System Dialogs, Keyguard, Keyguard Pattern, Night Mode, Display Brightness, Display Off Timeout, Display Rotation, Set Wallpaper, Stay On, Status Bar (expand/collapse)
- Encrypt (not in market version): File/Directory Encrypt/Decrypt,Enter/Set/Clear Passphrase
- File: Browse Files, Directory Create/Delete/Move, File Copy/Delete/Move/Open, List Files, Write To File, Read Line, Read Paragraph, Remount (FS), Zip/Unzip File
- Input: Button, Dpad, Type (root only), Get Voice, Input Method Select, Soft Keyboard (show), Voice Command
- Media: Media Button Events (grab), Media Player Control, Music File/Dir, Play/Forward/Back/Stop, Photo/Series/TimeSeries, Record Audio, Record Audio Stop, Default Ringtone, Play Ringtone, Scan Card
- Misc: (Broadcast) Action Intent, Component Intent, Get Location, GPS Set (<2.3 or Cyanogen/submod), Run (SL4A) Script, Run Shell, Say, Say To File, Shut Up, Search For, Set Clipboard, Reboot (root only), Set CPU (root only) Set Timezone, Test
Comments and Reviews
There is no alternative. No other app comes close to the power and functionality of Tasker.
This is the one piece of software that I install on all my Android devices and the first thing I install after a factory reset. On it's own it's amazing, add some 3rd party tools and plugins and it gets even better. Cannot recommend this enough. I use it to manage my Wifi, sound levels, bluetooth connections and now thanks to a plugin, it will open Spotify, go to my playlist and shuffle-play it for me!
[Edited by markdixon, February 21]
I couldn't get Tasker to work on my phone and it is $9.9. Way too expensive for something that doesn't work.
If you cannot use google play store you will not be able to buy a license.
I tried this app for a week and it slowed down my Nexus like crazy! It forced my Nexus to shut down a couple of times within that week too.
I switched to Smart Volume Control+
I agree with you! I had the same sucky experience you did. Thanks for mentioned Smart Volume Control though. I just signed up with them after you mentioned them.
Reply written ago