The most popular alternative is PeaZip, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to 7-Zip so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting 7-Zip alternatives are WinRAR (Freemium), Bandizip (Freemium), WinZip (Paid) and The Unarchiver (Free).
- iZip can manage ZIP, ZIPX, RAR, TAR, 7ZIP and other compressed files on Mac. It allows to create, extract and visualize archives without extracting them.
- Archive Utility is part of MacOS and supports ZIP, GZIP, and BZIP2 for expansion and CPGZ, CPIO, and ZIP formats for compression.
- During the command-line era of computing, archiving files involved cryptic commands such as tar -xvf somefile.tar.
- As WinZip, Mr.Zipper is the excellent, professional compression and extraction tool which supports quick look and personalized settings.
- Smart Zipper Pro for Mac is a professional archiving app, which can easily create, extract and preview major archive files like ZIP, RAR, 7z and more ( Over 20 popular formats ).
- The ZIP compression market is flooded with feature-packed software, but JustZIPit is not one of them!
- YemuZip is an easy-to-use application for making zip files. Just drag, drop, name your zip file and you're done.
- ArchiDroid is an easy to use archive manager. It can:1. Unpacking of RAR, ZIP, TAR, GZIP (gz), BZIP2 (bz2), tar.bz2, tar.gz and 7ZIP* (7z) archives.
- Noah is an archiver powered by Common Archivers Library DLLs. If you run Noah in non-Japanese environment, you will get English Interface.
- Lossless compression algorithm, providing compression speed at 400 MB/s per core, scalable with multi-cores CPU.