Key mapping Apps
Users are free to customize many aspects of their computing experience, and that includes changing up the mapping of the keys on their keyboards. Want the backspace key to be a space? How about turning the Q key into an alternate A key? More practically, how about custom shortcuts for your most common complex actions not already mapped to dedicated keys? Apps like SharpKeys for Windows and Karabiner for macOS make this and more possible.
- SharpKeys is a utility that manages a Registry key that allows Windows to remap one key to any other key.
- A utility for mapping keyboard keys and mouse button actions to your game controller buttons for PC gaming.
- Karabiner-Elements is the subset of the next generation Karabiner for macOS Sierra.
- KeyTweak is a free keyboard remapper for Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/Win 7. It makes use of Microsoft's Scancode Map registry key to remap your keyboard.
- Integrate your keyboard and mouse in one place and turn off the Xbox 360 Controller easily on PC.
- The xmodmap program is used to edit and display the keyboard modifier map and keymap table that are used by client applications to convert event keycodes into keysyms.
- Stick Shift saves you time by removing repetitive changes to hand position when programming.
- Keyboarding Master is a gaming and application tool that provides its users with the ability to custom configure their input devices for specific applications within a unified configuration environment. Keyboarding Master supports Linux.
- Put mouse, media and keyboard control in the palms of your hands so you'll never have to leave the couch again!Mouse Control
- Next generation Razer device configuration tool bringing the Razer gaming experience to the free open ssource world.
- KeyExtender is a keyboard remapping tool which not only allow you to customize keyboard keys, but also help to reduce duplication keyboard operation, and increase productivity on...
- khd - Hotkey daemon for OSXKhd is a simple modal hotkey-daemon for OSX, using Quartz Event Services. Khd must have access to the Accessibility API, or be ran as root.