The most popular alternative is SketchUp, which is free. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 24 alternatives to VariCAD so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting VariCAD alternatives are Autodesk AutoCAD (Paid), SOLIDWORKS (Paid), BRL-CAD (Free, Open Source) and BricsCAD (Paid).
- SketchUp (formerly Google Sketchup) is a 3D modeling computer program for a wide range of drawing applications such as architectural, interior design, civil and mechanical...
- Professional 2D and 3D CAD software with specialized tools for use across design and engineering disciplines.
- SOLIDWORKS is a leading 3D CAD software for design, analysis and product data management.
- Open source 3D geometry modeling system with a robust feature set developed over 20 years.
- BricsCAD the first all-in-one CAD design solution in .dwg that answers all your needs; 2D drafting, 3D modeling, mechanical design, and BIM. BricsCAD is a cost-effective, innovative, and familiar CAD solution.
- Asset Forge allows anyone to create 3D models and 2D sprites using building blocks. Finished assets are compatible with most available game engines.
- Autodesk® Inventor® products offer a comprehensive, flexible set of software for 3D mechanical design, product simulation, tooling creation, and design communication.
- CATIA (Computer Aided Three-dimensional Interactive Application) (in English usually pronounced /k?'ti?
- DesignSpark Mechanical is a 3D modeling software reported to be easy to use so that all engineers will be able to create and share models.
- Open source CAD/CAM software based on Open Cascade Technology with Step and Iges support.