BricsCAD the first all-in-one CAD design solution in .dwg that answers all your needs; 2D drafting, 3D modeling, mechanical design, and BIM. BricsCAD is a cost-effective, innovative, and familiar CAD solution.
- Paid • Proprietary
Features Suggest new and vote on features
Comments and Reviews Post a comment / reviewSort: relevance • date
I use version 17 of the BricsCAD for Linux for aproximately 1.5 years. The review is based on this experience.
- Similar to AutoCAD: 2D/3D dwg files, system variables, supports AutoCAD commands, works well with AutoLISP.
- Cheaper than an AutoCAD.
- Has versions not only for Windows.
- Very unstable under Linux: crashes, freezes.
- After the number of parts in the model over 5-10 work is very slowed down.
- Problems with non-ASCII encodings.
- Very inflexible. Not enough settings, some settings that are not working.
- Terrible support. For more than a year, I have been contacting the support service and have not received any real help.
[Edited by umix, October 17]
Comment • more than a year ago
It does everything I used to do in AutoCAD LT, with very similar functionality, and it works on Ubuntu, which is a big plus. I'm a structural engineer and tried all of the free options, none of which were anywhere near developed enough and lacked essential functionality such as XRefs (which are a big part of my work). It is too expensive for casual users to consider (unless 1 month free trial is enough for you!), but all of the viable options seem to have similar prices. I was previously using Draftsight before they dropped support.
I am only giving 4 starts as although it works well, there are a few rough edges and for this money there shouldn't be any!
Positive comment • 9 months ago
Modeling in rendered mode is made easy. You can learn it in just about an hour thanks to the Quad interface, reducing clicks to an minimum.
Positive comment • more than a year ago
I don't know anything about it yet. I am browsing looking for alternative to TurboCAD MAC.
Comment • 11 months ago
CategoryPhotos & Graphics
List containing BricsCAD
Links and Download
Summary and Relevance
Our users have written 4 comments and reviews about BricsCAD, and it has gotten 43 likes.
- Developed by Bricsys
- Proprietary and Commercial product.
- One time purchase (perpetual license)