MakeHuman Alternatives for Mac
Blender is the free and open-source 3D creation suite. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing, video editing, and motion tracking.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Blender is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to MakeHuman.
- - Blender is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to MakeHuman.
- 3D SculptingBlender offers tools to push, pull, smooth, grab or pinch to manipulate a 3D model.
- Keyframe AnimationCompositions can be keyframed in Blender, allowing you to change the parameters over time.
- Animation RiggingBlender supports bone structures to manipulate a 3D model like a puppet for animation.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsBlender can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Ad-freeBlender doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Physically-Based RenderingPrecise rendering method for Blender to represent of how light interacts with material properties.
- Node BasedBlender supports node editing, a form of visual programming that gives you full control over the rendering.
- LightweightBlender consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Parametric ModelingBlender can change the shape of model geometry as soon as the dimension value is modified.
Comments about Blender as a Alternative to MakeHumanSome users think Blender is a great MakeHuman alternative, some don't.all • positive • negative relevance • date
The author of MakeHuman has created a plugin for Blender that allows complete generation and customization of a great range of models. I would go so far as to say that the Blender plugin basically obviates the need for MakeHuman.7
Blender's MB Lab plugin was created by one of Makehuman's development team. The plugin is much more powerful and intuitive when it comes to fine tuning facial features and musculature. It also provides realistic skin textures and subsurface scattering allowing for photo realistic imagery.2Guest
Makehuman is for generating human meshes from user set variables, almost always with the intent of importing into another program. Blender is a full 3D modelling/rendering program, but has no human generation features.9Guest
because blender is way opposite of makehuman0Guest
Though Blender is the great professional program you may want to learn next, it's not dedicated to human modeling and possibly too difficult to mere beginners.-1Show more comments ▾5 of 10 comments
SketchUp (formerly Google Sketchup) is a 3D modeling computer program for a wide range of drawing applications such as architectural, interior design, civil and mechanical engineering, film, and video game design—and available in a freeware version, SketchUp Make, and a paid...
Suggest and vote on features
- - SketchUp is the most popular Web-based alternative to MakeHuman.
VRoid Studio is a 3D character creation software developed for you to freely express yourself, even without 3D modeling expertise. The software is easy-to-use. Even first-time users can fully enjoy the software by picking preset items and playing around with the parameters’...
Suggest and vote on features
- - VRoid Studio is the most popular Android & iPhone alternative to MakeHuman.
VRoid Studio Features
- Pressure SensitivityVRoid Studio can change attributes like thickness or opacity, based on how much force you apply to your stylus/finger.
- LightweightVRoid Studio consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- 3D SculptingVRoid Studio offers tools to push, pull, smooth, grab or pinch to manipulate a 3D model.
- Ad-freeVRoid Studio doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Dark ModeVRoid Studio supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Parametric ModelingVRoid Studio can change the shape of model geometry as soon as the dimension value is modified.
Unlike most 3D software, where 3D objects are usually created from scratch, DAZ Studio is designed to allow users to manipulate "ready to use" models and figures. It is aimed at users who are interested in posing human figures for illustrations and animation, but who...Suggest and vote on features
DAZ 3D Features
Poser is a 3D rendering software package for the posing, animating and rendering of 3D polymesh human and animal figures.
- - Poser is the most popular commercial alternative to MakeHuman.
Comments about Poser as a Alternative to MakeHumanMost users think Poser is a great MakeHuman alternative.Guest
Easy to quick modeling and texturing.1
MODO is a fully featured 3D content creation application, famous primarily for it's modelling capabilities, MODO also offers a fast renderer, sculpting, painting, dynamics and animation tools.Suggest and vote on features
- 3D SculptingMODO offers tools to push, pull, smooth, grab or pinch to manipulate a 3D model.
- Support for scriptingMODO supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
- Physically-Based RenderingPrecise rendering method for MODO to represent of how light interacts with material properties.
- Keyframe AnimationCompositions can be keyframed in MODO, allowing you to change the parameters over time.
- Suggest and vote on features
Comments about MB-Lab as a Alternative to MakeHumanpros, cons and recent commentsGuest
fully integrated blender addon, fork of discontinued ManuelbastioniLAB project. opensource eqivilant to makehuman with a narrower scope and a set of some fewer but higher quality tools.0
The aim of ManuelbastioniLAB is to bring you a set of advanced tools to turn your Blender in a powerful laboratory for realistic humanoid characters creation.ManuelbastioniLAB has no features, suggest some!Discontinued
ManuelbastioniLAB has been discounted and was forked by MB-Lab.
Comments about ManuelbastioniLAB as a Alternative to MakeHumanAlmost everyone thinks ManuelbastioniLAB is a great MakeHuman alternative.
ManuelbastioniLAB was made by one of the same developers after their time on MakeHuman. Unlike the external MH, MbL functions as a plugin within blender and might be considered a spiritual successor.
For a description of the difference by the developer, see this page: http://www.manuelbastioni.com/guide_main_differences_from_makeHuman.php0
Art of Illusion is a free, open source 3D modelling and rendering studio. It is written entirely in Java, and should be usable on any Java Virtual Machine which is compatible with Java 5 or later.Suggest and vote on features
Art of Illusion Features
JustSketchMe is an intuitive online tool for artists to configure pose-able mannequins for figure drawing. It's a simple, straightforward tool that can be used effectively for figure sketching, fashion design and comic illustration.
Swift 3D software is a easy-to-use 3D modeling and animation tool that converts 3D into vector files in Flash swf, WPF, and Silverlight XAML. The software works with Adobe Flash, Microsoft Silverlight and Expression Blend, 3ds Max, and PowerPoint to silverlight converter.Suggest and vote on features
Swift 3D Features
Erain.com the developer of Swift 3D is no longer in business.
When you create a new human in Human Generator, you first choose a starting human. These are versatile starting points to customize to your liking. In Human Generator V2 we increased from 6 starting humans to a new total of 37!Human Generator has no features, suggest some!