Lightscreen is described as 'lightweight screen shooting application for Windows and linux used to automate the process of saving and cataloging screenshots' and is a popular app in the Photos & Graphics category. There are more than 100 alternatives to Lightscreen for a variety of platforms, including Windows, Mac, Linux, the Web and Google Chrome. The best alternative is ShareX, which is both free and Open Source. Other great apps like Lightscreen are Greenshot (Freemium, Open Source), LightShot (Free), Snipping Tool (Free) and FastStone Capture (Paid).
- ShareX is a free and open source program that lets you capture or record any area of your screen and share it with a single press of a key. It also allows uploading images, text or other types of files to over 80 supported destinations. View 222 alternatives to ShareX
- Free • Open Source
- Google Chrome
- Lightshot - easy screenshot tool, is screen capture tool for Windows and Mac platforms, with the added advantage of automatically uploading it online for sharing or editing. View 179 alternatives to LightShot
The Lightshot app generates URLs that are easy to guess or scrape, making it alarmingly easy for anyone to view grabs of private messages or intimate photos.
- Free • Proprietary
- Google Chrome
- A powerful, lightweight, yet full-featured screen capture tool that allows you to easily capture and annotate anything on the screen including windows, objects, menus, full screen, rectangular/freehand regions and even scrolling windows/web pages. View 159 alternatives to FastStone Capture
- Paid • Proprietary
- A full-featured screen capture tool, Intuitive image editor, color picker, color palette, pixel-ruler, protractor, crosshair, whiteboard and more. View 205 alternatives to PicPick
- Free Personal • Proprietary
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
PicPick vs LightscreenSame but more full-features. But not bloated either — all the additional features make sense in their contexts.