Apps with 'Distributed Computing' feature
- Real-time updated, Peer-to-Peer sites using the BitTorrent network and soon the Distributed Hash Table.
- BOINC (Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing) is a software platform for volunteer computing and desktop grid and volunteer computing.
- Free, disposable email service that lets you receive email at an @mailinator.com address.
- Collaborative effort using a network of individual computers to combat diseases through data-crunching research.
- Apache Hadoop is a open source software framework that supports data-intensive distributed applications licensed under the Apache v2 license.
- Erlang is a general-purpose concurrent, garbage-collected programming language and runtime system used to build massively scalable soft real-time systems with requirements on high...
- Distributed Proofreaders provides a web-based method to ease the conversion of Public Domain books into e-books.
- Apache ZooKeeper is an effort to develop and maintain an open-source server which enables highly reliable distributed coordination.
- Rebol (historically REBOL) is a cross-platform data exchange language and a multi-paradigm dynamic programming language designed by Carl Sassenrath for network communications and...
- Insolar is building a 4th generation blockchain platform for business aimed to enable seamless interactions between companies and unlock new growth opportunities.
- The Zooniverse is home to the internet's largest, most popular and most successful citizen science projects. Our current projects are here but plenty more are on the way.
- HiveNet is a distributed cloud computing network, which enables computer owners anywhere in the world to securely rent out their idle computing resources for an income. Customers pay for these computing resources to perform their valuable tasks.
- GridRepublic is a customized version of the BOINC software designed to simplify installation and participation by the average computer user.
- Gridcoin is a cryptocurrency which rewards volunteer distributed computation performed on the BOINC platform on top of Proof of Stake.
- Osliki Classifieds — Decentralized Bulletin Board (https://osliki.github.io/classi/) Main feature of this site is that it can’t be seized in the future like Backpage because it uses blockchain and p2p file system IPFS (kind of bittorrent).