Book Authoring Software
In the old days, authoring a book was a laborious proposition. The process of writing words on a page may have been relatively easy (even in the days of typewriters), but the process of submitting your work to an editor and publisher to have it professionally proofed and authored was an ordeal, to put it lightly. Today, with software like Scrivener, the ability to create written work from drafting all the way to final formatting is easier than ever, with your hardest challenge now being the actual writing process itself. All is as it should be!
- Typewriter. Ring-binder. Scrapbook. Scrivener combines everything you need to craft your first draft, from nascent notion to final full stop.
- Open-source tool for writers. With outliner, character management, plot development, distraction-free editor, etc.
- bibisco is a novel writing software that helps you to write your story, in a simple way.
- Multi-document markdown-like editor for writing novels.
- Writing a novel is a large undertaking. True Novelist was created to make the process as easy as possible for authors.
- OmniaWrite is a next-generation cross-platform plain text editor engineered for creative writing. It is perfect for writing novels, lyrics, poems, essays, drafts and screenplays.
- A powerful writing environment for novelists and screenwriters
- From Google Play:> Novelist is the app that helps you writing your novels. And it's completely free: no initial cost, zero advertising and no in-app purchases!
- Online word processor and organizer for novel writing. Includes detailed, novel-specific statistics, chapter reorganization, and the ability to export your novel.
- FreeWriter is a fully featured writing software suite to assist in writing novels and reports. It provides a fresh, new, graphical approach to writing.
- A powerful but fun writers environment that includes the StoryLines structuring tool, a notebook, journal, writing quotations, scrapbook organiser, a 60-page e-book and more.
- World Scribe eases the creation process by letting you keep track of every important element in your fictional setting, including the ways in which they're connected.
- Craft your story. Write your novel. Dabble is software for writing novels for the desktop (Mac and Windows) and browser, syncing between computers.
- Character design, plot manipulation, and world-building tool for novelists and screenwriters.
- Scriptable, macros, multipart selection, styles. Multilingual. Text expanding feature. Document Manager. Use any number of keys to execute menu command, e.g. press Command key, then FAU for "Find all uppercase words." Extremely customizable.