What is Fantasia Archive?
Fantasia Archive (or FA for short) is an offline, free software that was created as a reaction to the lack of proper offline world-building and writing tools as most of such programs focus almost entirely on just writing instead of on the world-building and all intricacies it brings. This is what sets FA apart: The focus on the structure of one’s works and relationships of all parts of it to each other instead of solely focusing on the writing experience itself.
To achieve this, FA comes with the following set of features:
- A broad set of predefined document types ranging from obvious choices like Chapters and Characters to details like Languages and Currencies.
- A large set of predefined, unique informational fields for each document type, which should cover a vast majority of the world-building needs of most authors.
- A fully integrated two-way relationship support across multiple fields and post-types. This means that if you for example mark character A as a friend of character B, then character B also gets automatically updated as a friend of character A.
- Both automatic and custom ordering of documents.
- Custom coloring of documents.
- Full Tag support.
- Infinite hierarchical support in the object hierarchical tree, which translates to infinite, user-defined custom categories or any hierarchical depth.
- A proper, fully serviceable dark mode that isn’t just an afterthought.
- Sophisticated, powerful, and very detailed search system for documents.
- Offline import/export functionality for your projects, which allows for portability between different instances of the app on multiple machines or sharing with friends.
- Multiple document tabs for easy access to your current work.
- Proper keyboard support for PC/Laptop users along with support for custom, user-definable keybindings.
- Customize-able UI via program settings to suit your needs the best.
NOTE: FA is currently in the early beta version! Information about roadmap available on the website.
Fantasia Archive information
- 226 Stars
- 24 Forks
- 9 Open Issues